Hello everybody! A new update is here! I would like to use this thread to discuss this firmware update. Please post all bugs that are discovered to this thread. It would be a good idea to stay updated on this thread if you would like to be an on going beta tester, to see what has been identified already.
Here are the improvements that have been made in Firmware 19a:
- Saved pattern count increased to 128 (8 pages of save slots are now available through pg dn and pg up buttons
- Added copy, paste and clear to the save page, so you can copy whole patterns directly in that page
- Sysex import and export work in v19a. You can now back up your FLXS1 sequences to your computer!
- Modulation Randomization has been added to the randomization shortcut
Other features that I am still working on for near future release:
- Fix first step bug
- per step delay setting (set by milliseconds)
- MIDI input for writing sequences
- probability setting per step
Expanding the save slots to 128 requires that you format your FLXS1 save file, so…
BEFORE YOU UPDATE - THIS UPDATE REQURES YOU TO DELETE ALL DATA
make sure to back up your saved sequences if you want them to carry over!
To back up your FLXS1:
(if you don’t care about your saved data, you can skip these steps)
- Make sure you are on some version of Firmware 18
- Download Sysex Librarian for OS X or MIDI-OX for Windows
- Connect your FLXS1 to your computer via USB
- Launch your MIDI library app on your computer - make sure you select FLXS1 as the active device (Firmware 18 still calls FLXS1 Teensy MIDI)
- Prepare your MIDI app to receive a sysex file
- Press Shift-Tempo, and scroll left until you get to Sysex Export
- Make sure Sysex Export is highlighted and then Press Shift-Pattern to begin sysex export
- Verify that you have a sysex file exported into your MIDI librarian app
- Continue to update your FLXS1 to firmware 19
To update your FLXS1:
- Download beta firmware 19a
- Follow these firmware update instructions
- Format your FLXS1 - reboot FLXS1 and hold play + stop + record while you turn it on. your FLXS1 will freeze for a few minutes while it erases the save file and re-initializes it. if you do not format your FLXS1 after installing firmware 19, your module will freeze when attempting to access patterns 17-128
Please keep in mind! THIS IS BETA SOFTWARE! That means it has not been fully tested . By running this beta firmware you run the risk of freezes or loss of data. Run it at your own risk! I don’t think it has any nasty bugs, but thats why I want your help to test it out to make sure it is rock solid!