Hey everyone, heres a tiny update, as requested by erik and @alexblaxx.
Very few changes here, mostly cleaning up a mess I made before:
- 20b2: fixed note names for chromatic notes.
- 20b2: fixed the default pitch, it is back to C0 (0v - the way it was originally)
- 20b3: re-fixed randomization
Trying to spend some more time on FLXS1 stuff these days. Work has slowed down a bit, so its given me an opportunity to take a look at the code again and reacquaint myself with where we are at. I am going to focus on MIDI input recording first, which will require some kind of gate delay and custom timing sequences. There are a couple things to think about when implementing MIDI note input on a sequencer.
- do you record step by step, programming a sequence with each successive note?
- do you record a midi sequence exactly as it was played?
- how do you handle polyphonic input?
- how does it interact with the arpeggiator?
Each of these questions has many answers. Each has many ways it could be implemented. This is a difficult problem to solve. And I have been thinking about it for years at this point. One of the reasons I never implemented this part was because I diddn’t have a clear vision of how it should work. I have been playing with some keyboard synths lately, and so I have a new appreciation for the nuances of translating a keyboard to a sequence controller.