Welcome to Planet Zetaohm

Hello, and welcome to PLANET ZETAOHM!

This forum will be a place where folks can come to discuss modular synths and bring their questions and ideas related to FLXS1 and future Zetaohm devices. I also hope folks will their creations here, and that it becomes a place where people can come to discuss art and music beyond modular.

2018 was a year of transition. In January, my wife had a major surgery and I spent the following 6 months as a full time care taker. This put me out of the rhythm of working on FLXS1 software, so updates became a bit more sparse after that. Around the same time, I lost my amazing workshop space in SF because the landlords wanted to triple our rent. The Zetaohm workshop was moved into our living room, as I searched for new work to pay the bills.

Despite the challenges, 2018 also came with some great progress for Zetaohm. We fulfilled all of our Kickstarter rewards, continued to move modules until we sold out of FLXS1. I also released a major update (Firmware 18) for the sequencer platform.

Towards the end of 2018, things have started to get back to normal. My wife is feeling MUCH better, I have picked up regular contract work with Subpac to keep Zetaohm alive, and I have spent a good deal of time working on a project that had been on the back burner for some time. I am not prepared to discuss this project just yet, but I hope to reveal some things before we go to Superbooth in May :wink:

Over the past few weeks, I have taken a bit of a break from new module development (while I wait for PCBs to come from China during festival time ) to spend some time on FLXS1 code.

If you would like to participate in the beta test for these new updates, you can check out the firmware update thread

A ginormous thank you to everyone who has supported Zetaohm up to this point. It has been a long and challenging journey, but the future is bright, and there are many things I want to build. If you are looking for a way to support ongoing development of FLXS1 updates, as well as other future releases, you may consider contributing to my Patreon to help fund these developments.

Thank you!
Tenkai

<3 Hang in there! Super excited to see what’s coming!

Sorry to hear. Glad things are starting to turn around.

I completely understand the caretaker thing I’ve been doing the same for my wife the past 5 months.

I’m excited for this community to grow and see what will come.

pinned #4

Glad to hear you’re ok :smile: Excited to see what’s coming next !

Hi, sorry to hear you have been having a tough run. Great to hear your still pushing Zetaohm forward. Flxs 1 is a great product, gook luck!

I am currently in the market of the beast for a sequencer to rule them all-
is this the one?
Can I hear from any users on the firmware update and how the sequencer performs live?

Any master issues? Not engaging with certain brands (current pam/ grids issue as well as lack of depth with pam, rene, woggle, maths, a160-5, as my current mish mash of seqs/ gates/ cv control stuff I feel I could save on HP/power while also getting more ability with this module but I’d like to hear from the users-
thank you ahead of time -
magik eyes (m.e.)

Maybe this belongs in its own new topic instead of lost in the replies of the “welcome” post ?
I didn’t encountered any major issues on the v18 and didn’t had time to test and install the new one yet.
You have to understand that the firmware is still in development, read the manual page, watch videos and think about what are your particular needs in term of functionalities, but what is already present is solid and there is no killer bug anywhere that I know.
The most dangerous thing I can figure using this in a live situation is that it is so powerful that you can easily lose track of what is happening if you have a lot of internal and external modulation going on the 4 sequencer’s multiple parameters, but is that really an issue?.. :ghost: :unicorn:

I’ve just arrived, happy to be here. looking forward to see this great module evolve. Hi Everyone

Welcome, James! Glad to have you :slight_smile:

No, you aren’t the only one :smiley:
I made FLXS1 to be the the sequencer to rule them all… Its not 100% there yet, but its on its way…

T